West Hamlin Elementary School Counseling program will ensure success, equality, and growth for all students, through a design that is comprehensive in scope and preventative in design. The Program will provide a curriculum through academic, career, and personal/social domains that engages, empowers, and encourages all children to reach their educational potential and prepare them to be 21st Century Learners and live fulfilling and successful lives. The school counselor will spend the majority of time in direct services with students, in a proactive manner.
School Counseling Philosophy Statement
- School counseling programs support each school’s academic mission
- School counselors advocate for comprehensive, development guidance programs.
- School counselors advocate for safe schools and foster a nurturing school environment.
- School counselors deliver developmental guidance lessons to all students in all grade levels.
- School counselors serve as advocates for all students.
- School counselors are knowledgeable about their school’s resources and programs.
- School counselor work collaboratively with others to support any and all needs of students.
- School counselors keep up to date with new and changing programs, researched best practices, resources, curriculum, policy changes, and post secondary and work place changes.
- School counselors attend local, state and national professional development opportunities to assure they remain highly qualified professionals.
- School counselors follow ethical guidelines to assure the well-being of students, parents and school staff and the integrity of the school counseling program.
- School Counselors collaborate with other professions to ensure best practice.
- School Counselors communicate with faculty, staff, administration, and community about the comprehensive guidance program.